This is the fifth article in the series called, Love Selling Your Home: Minimize Your Stress, Maximize Your Profit. This series takes you through the entire home-selling process — from finding a real estate agent to settlement day. Look for a new, informative article each week, right here! You love (or loved) your home and now you want others to love it too! That’s why you want the most strategic and effective marketing plan so your home gets the attention and foot traffic it deserves.
I approach selling your home the same way I used to approach selling a product back in my PR and advertising days. I start well before we actually put it on the market so we can analyze your situation and come up with a specific marketing plan just for your home.
Let’s look at your home as a product to sell and ask the good old basic marketing questions such as “Who is your target audience?”; “What are the unique selling features of this product?”; and lastly (this is a biggie!) “What sets your product apart from all the others?”
Together we answer these questions about your home from a buyer’s perspective and then market and advertise your home accordingly.
- What is your goal for this sale … Do you have to sell quickly because of a job relocation? Or, do you want the highest price possible so you can buy that next “move-up” home?
- What is your home’s unique story and how do we tell it to buyers?
- Who’s most likely to buy your home? What do they want in a home and how do we reach them?
- What are a few quick and inexpensive changes we can make to your home in order to appeal to the most potential buyers and get you the highest price possible?
- What surrounding attractions and community amenities will draw in your target market? What lifestyle are we selling?
- What did you love the most about your home? Why did you buy it? What was life like while you were there? This will help buyers picture their lives in your home and that’s exactly how we want them to fell!
Today’s buyers are better prepared than ever. They’re tapped into the Internet and do their own electronic searches, receive seller disclosure forms, order home inspections, etc. PHEW… but we’ll be just as prepared since I really know buyers, how they think, and how best to reach them.
I’m just as tech-savvy and will promote your home via all the apps in a way that makes it stand out as “the one” to see asap.
And let’s not forget about the importance of “curb appeal” in today’s market. Your home photos will shine online and not scare away any potential buyers. I’ll even help you prepare your home and make it look its best for this HGTV-influenced market.
After prepping your home to look it’s best, pricing your home correctly and implementing these simple selling strategies, you’ll have an offer in no time.
So, stay tuned for more of the Love Selling Your Home series! Next week, you’ll get the inside scoop on When to Say “Yes” to an Offer.
HI, I’M LISA HINKLEY AND I HELP PEOPLE LIVE THE HARBOR LIFE IN PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA
200 W. Marion Street
Punta Gorda, FL 33950
schedule your free consultation
Check out some more of my articles: